सुकन्या समृद्धि योजना पोस्ट ऑफिस | सुकन्या समृद्धि योजना अकाउंट ओपनिंग फॉर्म 2021 | Online Form | फॉर्म इन हिंदी PDF
Hello readers, welcome to our web portal. We all know Government of India is running various schemes to secure the future of the girls. Out of those schemes today we are going to provide you the detailed information related to “Sukanya Samriddhi Yojana” in this article. Below you will get each and every aspect which is required to know about this Govt. Scheme. Eligibility criteria, benefits of scheme, objective of scheme, application process, documents required to apply and many other necessary information is detailed underneath.
Sukanya Samriddhi Yojana Account 2021 | Benefits | Calculator | SSY Account Online Form | PDF Download
Sukanya Samriddhi Yojana is a central government scheme started under Beti Bachao, Beti Padhao scheme. This scheme was launched by honorable Prime Minister Mr. Narender Modi in the year 2015. The main motive behind launching this scheme is to secure future of the girls. It is a saving scheme. This scheme is for the parents/ guardians who wish to save for their daughter’s future. Under this scheme parents/ guardians of the girl child of not more than 10 years of age can open a saving account in government bank or post office and save a small amount Rs. 250 (earlier was Rs. 1000) per year for the education and marriage of their daughter. Account opening under this scheme is beneficial as the interest rate of saving account under this scheme is quite higher then usual.
Sukanya Samriddhi Yojana Details
|Name of the scheme||Sukanya Samriddhi Yojana|
|Run by||Central Government|
|Scheme type||Small saving scheme|
|Launched by||PM Narender Modi|
|Launch date||22 January 2015|
|Beneficial for||Girl Child|
|Motive||Secure Future of Girls|
Sukanya Samriddhi Yojana Official Website
Direct link to Official Website of SSY Scheme launched by central govt.
- Currently the interest rate of this scheme is 7.6% (earlier it was 9.1%).
- Only 2 daughters of one family can get benefited under this scheme. But if there is twin daughter in second time then all the three daughters will get benefit of the scheme.
- The minimum limit of saving under this scheme is Rs. 250 and maximum is Rs. 1.5 lakh rupees per year.
- Holder can withdraw 50% of total saving after he attain the age of 18 for higher studies and rest amount can be withdrawal after 21 years of age for marriage.
- Maturity period of the account is 21 yeas from the date of account opening or marriage of the girl child.
Sukanya Samriddhi Yojana Benefits:
- Interest rate given to the account holder under this scheme is very higher than other fix deposit schemes.
- Parents/ guardians can start this scheme in post office or bank anywhere in the country.
- This scheme will help for education and marriage of the girls.
- This scheme provides tax exemption under section 80 of Income Tax Act 1961.
- Under this scheme only parents/ guardians of girl child can open a saving account.
- Childs age to apply under this scheme should not more than 10 years.
- Single account for a girl child is allowed and maximum for 2 girls of a family can apply.
Authorized Sukanya Samriddhi Yojana Bank List
Reserve Bank of India has listed a total 28 banks that are authorized for opening SSY Account. Interested and eligible users can fill Sukanya Samriddhi Yojana Account Opening Form in any of the banks listed below.
- Axis Bank.
- Andhra Bank.
- Allahabad Bank.
- Bank of Maharashtra (BOM).
- Canara Bank.
- Bank of Baroda (BOB).
- Corporation Bank.
- Central Bank of India (CBI).
- Bank of India (BOI).
- Dena Bank.
- Indian Overseas Bank (IOB).
- IDBI Bank.
- ICICI Bank.
- Oriental Bank of Commerce (OBC).
- Punjab National Bank (PNB).
- Punjab & Sind Bank (PSB).
- Syndicate Bank.
- State Bank of Travancore (SBT).
- United Bank of India
- State Bank of Patiala (SBP).
- Union Bank of India.
- State Bank of Mysore (SBM).
- UCO Bank.
- State Bank of India (SBI).
- Vijaya Bank.
- State Bank of Hyderabad (SBH).
- State Bank of Bikaner & Jaipur (SBBJ).
Sukanya Samriddhi Yojana Online Application Form
Users who are willing to apply for SSY 2020-2021 Account Opening need to download the application and submit same to bank or post office. Applicants need to fill key data about the girl child under whose name Sukanya Samriddhi Yojana form will be filled. Parents who are willing to apply for this Govt. Saving scheme for girls under the Beti Bachao, Beti Padhao Yojana can download application form from RBI website. Also for your convenience direct link for SSY Account Application form has been given below.
Direct link for Sukanya Samriddhi Yojana Application Form Download PDF
After you download the form in PDF format, take out the printout of the application form. Next you need to fill the required details in application form of SSY Account, the form needs to be signed and submitted with the account opening authority (Post office/Bank Branch) along with copies of all applicable documents.
- To apply for this scheme parents of the girl child have to go to the above listed bank or post office.
- Get the application form from there or download from above link. And fill all the details of the child and guardian in it as asked.
- Affix your images on the form.
- Submit the application to the bank or post office along with the documents.
Sukanya Samriddhi Yojana 2021 Account Documents Required
- Account Opening application form of respective bank.
- Address proof of the depositor (parent or legal guardian).
- Birth certificate of the girl child.
- Photograph of child and parents.
- Identity proof of the depositor (parent or legal guardian), i.e., PAN card, ration card, driving license, passport.
Sukanya Samriddhi Yojana Interest Rates 2020-21
Pradhan Mantri Sukanya Yojna offers an attractive rate of interest as compared to small saving schemes. The amount of Sukanya Samriddhi Yojana can be used to meet higher education, marriage and other expenses after the girl child turns 18. For SSY Govt. Announces the rate of Rate of Interest in the starting of every financial year. Below you can check the updated list of rate of interest this saving scheme for girls running under Beti Bachao Beti Padhao Yojana.
|Time Period||SSY Interest Rate (%)|
|1st January, 2021 onwards||7.6|
|1st July, 2020 – 30th September, 2020||7.6|
|1st April, 2020 – 30th June, 2020||7.6|
|1st January, 2020 – 31st March, 2020||8.4|
|July to Sep 2019||8.4|
|Apr to June 2019||8.5|
|Jan to March 2019||8.5|
|Oct to Dec 2018||8.5|
|July to Sep 2018||8.1|
|Apr to June 2018||8.1|
|Jan to March 2018||8.1|
|Oct to Dec 2017||8.3|
|July to Sep 2017||8.3|
|Apr to June 2017||8.4|
Recently changed Rules
As per the new rule set by the government for this scheme further mentioned changes has been made in this scheme:
- Interest rate on default account is higher: If the parents/ guardians fail to deposit the minimum annual instalment in the SSY saving account of their daughter then the account will be treated as default account. Government has decided to provide high rate of interest on such accounts.
- Government has made change in premature account closing: As until the child not turn to 21 years account cannot be closed but as per the new rule in any unforeseen case such as death of the account holder or undergo treatment for a fatal illness or death of the guardian account can be closed.
- Account owner cannot handle her account until she turns to 18 years of age (previously it was 10 years).
- To open account of more than 2 girls (in case of twin in second time) parents have to submit affidavit along with the birth certificate of the daughter.