PM Kusum Yojana is an initiative of central government to help the farmers of the country. As we all know due to climate change or many other reasons farmers faces many difficulties in irrigation. This Welfare Scheme for Farmers is just a step forward to resolution the problem of irrigation of the farmers. In this article you may grab the detailed information about the Kusum Solar Pump scheme such as application form, objective, eligibility, documents required to apply for the scheme and many other things.
PM Kusum Solar Pump Yojana Apply Online | Registration | Details | Application Form
In PM Kusum Yojana central government of the country will provide solar energy equipment and pumps to the farmers. With the help of this scheme farmers can easily irrigate their lands. Under this scheme farmers can put solar panels on their land and generate electricity. Farmers can use this electricity for agriculture.
PM Solar Pump Yojana Details:
|Name of the scheme||Kusum Solar Pump Yojana|
|KUSUM YOJANA Full Form||Kisan Urja Suraksha avam Utthan Mahabhiyan|
|Run by||Central Government|
|Benefits||Subsidy for installation of solar pumps|
Motive of the scheme
Many a times due to less or heavy rainfall, crop of farmers is damaged. To help the farmers in reduction of such loses or protect them from such crises central government has started this scheme. This scheme will set up solar pumps to their lands which will reduce the irrigation problem of the farmers. Under the Kusum scheme government has decided to set up three crore irrigation pumps are being run in the country with solar energy instead of electricity or diesel by 2022.
- Applicant should be a farmer
- Must own agricultural land
- Should have Bank account
- Applicant should have Aadhaar card
PM Solar Pump Yojana Apply Form Online Registration 2021
For doing online registration of KUSUM Yojana and to avail benefits of Solar Energy you need to complete online registration for it. You can do the same by following the steps given below with official website links.
- To apply for this scheme, you have to rush to the Official Website of the Kusum scheme.
- Form home page you will see apply online option in the menu bar.
- Click on it and form will appear on the screen.
- You need to enter the asked details in it.
- Mention your name, email, phone number, state and address.
- Choose submit option in the end.
The following documents are required if you want to apply under the scheme:
- Aadhaar Card
- Bank account passbook
- Income certificate
- Mobile number
- Address proof
- Passport size photo
Components of Kusum Yojana
The Kusum scheme has four components which are as follows:
Solar Pump Distribution: During the first phase of the Kusum scheme, the electricity department, along with the central government departments, will successfully distribute solar powered pumps.
Construction of solar power plants: Solar power factories with the capacity to produce sufficient amount of electricity will be built.
Installation of tubewells: Tubewells will installed by the government which will produce a certain amount of electricity.
Modernization of existing pumps: Modernization of existing pumps and old pumps will be replaced with new solar pumps.
Highlights of scheme
- Government has decided to spend a total of Rs 1.40 lakh crore on the Kusum scheme.
- Out of total amount central government is going to spend 48 thousand crore rupees and same will spend by state government.
- 10% cost of the solar pumps is to bear by the farmer.
- Farmers can arrange around 45 thousand crore rupees through bank loan.
- 30% of loan amount will bear by the bank and 60% amount is paid by the government.
- Subsidy amount will transfer by the government directly into the bank account of the applicant.
- Solar plant will be set up on waste land.
Benefits and features of PM Solar Energy Kusum Yojana
- Kusum Yojana will make farmers self-reliant in the field of energy conservation. In addition, by supplying additional electricity produced from the solar panel to the grid, they will be able to get additional income.
- In this scheme, panels will be put on barren land unsuitable for farming of farmers, so that their land can also be used.
- Under this scheme, the distribution companies will pay 30 paise per unit to the landowner for installing solar panels on the farmers’ land.
- Thus, the farmer will get an income of about Rs 6600 monthly. This scheme will serve to fulfil Prime Minister Narendra Modi’s dream of doubling farmers’ income by 2022.
- Through the PM Kusum Yojana launched by the central government, the income of the farmers will increase and they will be able to become self-sufficient by using solar energy and renewable energy.
- Farmers will be able to supply additional power generated by these solar panels to the grid, which will get additional income.
- In this project, the farmer will have to spend only 10% of the total cost. Apart from this, 30% amount will be borne by the bank through loan and 60% amount will be borne by the central government.
The central government has set a target of installing 17.5 lakh irrigation pumps run by solar energy, which will end the irrigation problems of poor farmers.
PM KUSUM Yojana Status
- To check status, you have to rush to the Official Website of the Kusum scheme.
- Form home page you will see check status option in menu bar
- Click on it and a new page will open on computer screen
- Enter your mobile number in the given space and other details (if asked)
- Your application status will appear on the screen