The central government of India has made FASTag compulsory for every vehicle, regardless of whether it’s private or business. The government said that each individual needs to keep the FASTag with their vehicle.
Union Minister for Highways Mr. Nitin Gadkari had stated that the Fastag are “likely to reduce the loss of the Nation’s GDP by defeating the loss of fuel pending the toll plazas”. People can now Fastag Online Payment Platforms like Paytm, Google Pay and PhonePe too.
Up to 412 of the 535 national highways have been improved with the technology to read the tags and allow vehicles to connect. Efforts are also deployed to improve the remaining national roads. Since now, 40% of the number of people collected is done through Fastags.
Know About FASTags
It is a sticker that uses the radio frequency when a vehicle passes through a toll, an SMS will be sent with the date, time, and place of the transaction to the owner of the vehicle.
The master data of all transactions will be with the concessionaire of the toll stand in question, together with the Bank with which the owner has registered the Fastag and the National Payment Corporation of India.
Fastag online is valid for life and is specific to the vehicle. Two-wheeler vehicles, Autorickshaws, and other small vehicles that do not have to pay the payment number currently do not require the Fastag.
Name of Banks Where Fastags Can be available
People can buy Fastag from the bank. Once registered with the Bank they will provide you with all the available information. The Government will make the Fastag online registration information available at the following bank:
- Axis Bank
- ICICI Bank
- IDFC Bank
- State Bank of India
- HDFC Bank
- KarurVysya Bank
- EQUITAS small finance Bank
- PayTM Payment Bank
- Kotak Mahindra Bank
- Syndicate Bank
- South Indian Bank
- Punjab National Bank
- Federal Bank
- Punjab and Maharastra Co-op Bank
- Saraswat Bank
- Fin Payment Bank
- City Union Bank
- Bank of Baroda
- Indusind Bank
- Yes Bank
- Union Bank
- Nagpur NagrikSahkari Bank
New Fastag Activation Process
Fast tag Activation via Bank Procedure:
- To get the bank’s quick tag, people must give KYC to the bank. The bank will check your KYC and, after that, they will provide you with the quick tag or renew your quick label. You can reload your quick label at the bank only.
Fast Tag Activation Procedure through Fast Tag App:
- To activate your fast tag, people do not need to go to the bank. They can download my Fast Tag application on their mobile and get activated from the mobile app.
How To Link FastagTo The Bank Account? How To Complete It?
After buying Fastag, you can link to the bank account using the My Fastag application. In this case, the user will have to enter the vehicle registration number, after which Fastag will be activated. With UPI payment of demand, users can charge their FASTag.
It can also be bought through the PayTM app. A new Fastag can be requested in loading the vehicle registration number and the vehicle registration certificate in PayTM. All Fastag customers will also receive a refund of 2.5% on paying the toll.
You can easily link Fastag to HDFC, ICICI, SBI, AXIS or any other bank account by following above method.
Fastag Charges of Different Banks
Fastag is issued by banks and issuing charges are decided by member banks following their internal policy. However, the tags emitting loads are defined as Rs.100 /-
The cost of HDFC Bank is as follows:
- 100 for publishing Fastag
- Fees of Rs 200 for Refundable Security
- Rs 100 for Security Deposit for the first number of refills in the wallet when the wallet is made
The fee of ICICI Bank is as follows:
- Rs 99.12 for publishing tags
- Fees of Rs 200 for Refundable security deposits
- 200 for the first number of refills in the wallet when the wallet is made.
How to Register Fastag HDFC Online?
With growing competition banks made it easy to do online registration of Fastags in 2021 and so does HDFC. If you are an HDFC bank customer you can easily register online by clicking link below and follow process. It is also considered as fastest way available to get an Fastag Online with simple clicks on your mobile.
What Documents Are Needed To File Fastag?
You need to send the following documents along with the application for Fastag
- Registration Certificate (RC) of the vehicle
- Passport size photograph of the vehicle owner
- KYC documents as per the category of the vehicle owner
Representatives of the issuing bank will provide application forms that need to be filled and submitted. Valid SIM will be enough for the address & proof ID.
Benefits of using FASTag
- Ease of payment: no need to carry money every minute for toll transactions, and as well as saves time
- Online recharge: Tag can be reloaded online via a credit card/debit card / UPI / neft or net banking
- Provides SMS alerts for toll transactions once the balance is low
- Online Portal for every customer
Important Points to Note Down About Fastag
- You can report if any wrong reduction is done in your processing by calling your publisher’s bank customer care number written on Fastag. The issuing bank will review your request and if it is found correctly, the bank will return the wrong reduction.
- You will receive an SMS alert on your registered phone number for each transaction and your balance is deducted from your Fastag account. You can also view the toll rate on the website for your respective toll plazas.
- You must report damage or tag loss to your bank and ask for a new label. The amount of the equilibrium of the old Link-Tag account can be transferred to the new tag account.
- In case of vehicle loss, you can call your service numbers to bank and block your Fastag account.
- Users must use a limited path for Fastag users. Only marked paths that have RFID infrastructure needed are installed to read your fastag. If you enter the cash path, Fastag will not be read and cash must be paid.
- You can refill your Fastag account by making payments online through a credit card/debit card/ NEFT / UPI or Internet Banking.
- The minimum recharge amount is Rs.100.
- Fastags have a validity of 5 years and after purchase, you only need to refill/recharge tags according to your use.